A month or so ago I mentioned that I was working on a project to decode a Roland JX-3P patch tape dump into a spreadsheet so I could see the internal values of all of the patch parameters. I’m pleased to say I’ve finished that project. I’ve posted a full write-up with source code and a Windows-compatible binary at the Roland JX-3P Tape Dump Decoder page.
The code works fine on my systems, and that’s all I could ask for. If you have a need for the code, grab it and let me know if it works for you. I don’t have a tip jar because this project was a labor of love, but if you find it useful, just send me a word of thanks or something.
On a related note, I’ve added a Contact form so you can say Hello.
It’s a weird feeling finishing something. Progress!